Friday, June 5, 2015

Basketball Tournament # 2



          This tournament is held in Whitmore lake, I think this tournament is going to be different from the last tournament I wrote about because my team is going to be playing for trophies. I also think we need to work better as a team, because in some of the Ypsilanti tournament games we didn't work so well as a team in the area of trust. My coach does a drill to work on trust with me and my team where one of my teammates, or me shoots free throws and you have to shoot 2 out of 3 or else the whole team including the shooter has to run! I am a pretty good free throw shooter because I have studied NBA forms such as Stephen Curry and Michael Jordan.

      I think that my team has a better advantage over the other teams because we have 6th-7th graders, and the tournament is against 5th-6th graders. We are quicker, better shooters and more experienced. We also have bigger guys on the rebounds to help get them. Also, I don't think the two 7th graders will be able to play at all because they are really experienced and the referees might think it is unfair to the other team if they have all 5th graders. We have a good team chemistry in the area of passing the ball. We are not selfish and we play good team basketball. I know for sure that my team has the excellent energy that we need to win the ultimate trophy!

      To get to the championship trophy, we will have to play good as a team and pass the ball as often as needed. We need to keep our eyes up incase there is a person open for an easy layup. If we win both of our first two games, depending on how much we win by, we will be ranked first, or second, seed. If we win one and lose one, we will be ranked 3rd or 4th seed. If we lose both, we will leave the tournament. So, it is win, or go home.  If we win both of our first games, if we are ranked, then we will be put into a playoff bracket and need to win as many games needed to win the trophy.

" Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships" 
                                                                                             - Michael Jordan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment