Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Ernie Reynolds Contest 2015



Every day I go to school like a normal kid I get pretty good grades and I do all the other stuff that a "normal kid" would do. But come to think of it I don't really like the term "normal kid" Because I know everybody is different in their own unique ways. Hi my name is Jake LaBarre, I am proud to say I am different from other kids. Alot of kids at my school have disabilities, Almost every morning I get off the bus, put my stuff in my locker and go help kids get off the bus or help put their stuff in their lockers. This time really means alot to me, Because I really get to understand the kids with disabilities and how much harder it is to just put your stuff away in your locker. For example, One of my good friends Alex, every time he gets off the bus and he sees me waiting to help him put his stuff in his locker his face LIGHTS UP, and immediately so does mine. He rushes over to me and gives me high-fives and hugs. I really enjoy spending time with other people, especially kids with disabilities so I can learn and change ny thoughts about kids with disabilities...

"your spending this time, with me?" -Alex

"Of course why not?" -me

"Thanks Jake!"-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment