Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Book report for jump ship to freedom





What was the authors message? Which story events helped you figure out the message?


I think the message is just because you have a different skin color doesn't mean you are different or should be treated differently. I think the evidence from the book was when he joined the slave ship. Some examples from the slave ship are:

1. Daniel and the rest if the slaves have different beds from the white skin people. I do not think that is fair at all, I mean different beds? You should at LEAST let the slaves sleep in nice beds!!

2. And ONE of the worst parts were when the captain accused him of taking the notes and he said "I did not take them." And then the captain slapped him because he said that! First of all you really have NO reason to slap him, all he said is "I did not take them." I don't see how it gives you a reason to slap him. If I was the guy who slapped him I would have believed him that he did not take them!!




No comments:

Post a Comment